Friday, October 14, 2011

My Redwood Road Adventure

Can anybody say Redwood Road without totally sounding like a 4 year old ?
(Wedwood Woad)

Because I sure can't....

Well what a great and exciting day I had.

I was able to go and babysit some of THE coolest kids that I know. My really good friend Brandee got to go to Park City for the weekend and so I went to watch her kids for the day.

Many games of CandyLand
Yummy snacks
10 episodes of Phineas and Ferb
Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
2 naps
One culprit caught red handed....literally.
4 diaper changes
1 picnic lunch
2 Tickle Battles
Up the stairs....down the stairs....up the stairs....down the stairs....
Outside-Inside-Outside-Inside-Outside-Inside
0...thats right Zer0! Hissy fits or Meltdowns
and one delicious dinner...
...later
I was on my way home.

On the way-I had my last adventure of the day.

Just randomly-I decided to see how far Redwood Road went. ha ha ha.
I saw many beautiful homes. Utah Lake. And pretty much a view of the entire valley. Point of the Mountain to the "Y" to the Spanish Fork windmills to West Mountain on the opposite end of the county. Mountain to Mountain and everything in between. Breathtaking!!
So as I'm driving down this road---I start to get out to a lot of ranching community. Out in the Boonies-fo sho C;
It's starting to get dark outside.
I keep on driving---
somethings gonna start looking familiar here soon right?

Right????

no.

However- after living in Utah for about 6 years now...I've heard about a couple of small communities that are in the area...one's that I'd ONLY heard about-never been to- never seen...
You bet I found every single one of them on this excursion.

Half way to totally being lost by this point-I start trying to make my way towards where I think I wanna be going...finally I hit Santaquin. I overshot a little bit-but here was familiar territory
...during the day at least...
at night though....
just stick to the Main Street-it will take ya right to the freeway. Straight shot home from there...
until there were police cars, ambulences, and fire trucks at the last intersection before the freeway...and they weren't letting ANYBODY through. After driving around the block 5 times trying to possibly come out somewhere near the freeway---no chance.
So I go find Center Street and decide to just head North and just Hope.

Pitch dark outside- can't see anything.

Got just a little prayer in my heart that this would work and a "promise" to NEVER EVER do this again. ;)

not two seconds later I come out of a grove of trees- I look out my side window and see a church. The Hope Baptist church.

"That sorta looks familiar...."

up ahead I see a whole bunch of lights in a field.
passing by- It's the Cornmaze.

just a little bit further....
"That's My Gas Station!!!!!"

"YES!!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. silly girl....love your adventures but you worry me ya know.

    ReplyDelete