Monday, July 4, 2011

Journal Jar : July 5, 2011

...since I'm incredibly impatient...and I'll be out of town til Friday C: I'm doing it a day early....so there C;

Why was your name chosen for you?

Well I suppose the story of how I got my name----

If I remember correctly- my parents had wanted to (at first) name me Mary-Kate. But I believe that my Grandma Anhder came up with the idea to name me Katie...cause I don't think she liked the name Mary too much. So not only did my folks run with the idea--they also gave me her name as my middle name.

Katie Nadine

2 comments:

  1. OK, so here's how I remember it. Mom and Dad wanted to name you after Grandma Anhder, who's name is Mary Nadine (goes by Nadine, for those of you who don't know her). Anyway, they came up with the name "Mary Kate" and you would go by the name "Katie". Grandma always hated the name Mary, so another name was thought of--Katie Nadine. And to be honest, I remember it wasn't decided for sure until around the time you were born. Funny Fact, though--shortly after you were born, the show Full House made it's debut with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I think you dodged a bullet with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you also have a aunt Mary Kathrine (Kathy) and your great grt. grandma Sharp was Mary Cathrine too...and the Katie part was also in honor of your other aunt Shirlee Kathleen (Kathi) I think full house was already on T.V. when you were born and I still like the name Mary Kate.

    ReplyDelete