Friday, February 18, 2011

Lessons ReLearned...(looking up toward the sky) THANKS!!!

So nothing really really super fantastic actually happened this week I but I've just been very exceptionally happy this week. Guess sometimes ya don't need a reason to be happy-maybe ya can just be happy just because ya don't feel ownry or sad. Hmm...not that I'm prone to mostly be ownry or sad all the time (:

I don't know--this week has just felt different.

I sat down today really trying to come up with a few reasons for the why---cause I'd sure like to keep it going as long as I can.

I kind of had my little "Ah-ha" moment at the beginning of the week. I guess I should actually call it a "Ka-Duh" moment cause yes it's a lesson that has already been learned in the past but I guess maybe I just needed to hear it again. So here's a little bit of a back story. One of my co-workers I gotta be honest- I've had a little bit of a hard time with. It's not like we haven't really gotten along- we just haven't been the greatest of friends. I don't really have the same friendship with her that I do with the other people that I work with. And I've seriously lost sleep over this cause I've been sure that she just didn't like me at all. I felt that I was really really trying my hardest to be friendly and nice to her and all I was getting back in return was the cold shoulder. It's bothered me that I couldn't find any kind of reason for it all. So anyway- on Monday I decided that really enough was enough--no there wasn't a single bit of confrontation--I simply didn't go out of my way to be as friendly as usual...Ok-I pretty much ignored. And ya know- at the time it really kinda felt good. I know that sounds horrible-but it kinda made me feel a little bit better to just be able to pretend that it didn't bother me in the least. That I was able to give back what I got. Afterward though- it didn't feel so hot. And here's the clincher- not at all very Christlike.

DOH!
When did I decide that I could have unkind intentions towards someone else? When did I decide to be the judge? I may not have said anything out loud- but in my mind those things were being said and Silence spoke everything out loud for me. What was I doing?

Lessons ReLearned :
NUMBER ONE-I realize that the real me is just not a person who can consciously be mean to someone else- I have to do it by accidental lapse of judgement and lack of intelligence.

NUMBER TWO-Nephi is right again!! :) "he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another." He's a rotten fella that Satan is. The little sneak got right in when I wasn't really looking or paying attention.

NUMBER THREE- And not everyone has to like me. Kind of unfortunately in this world-it's not a rule it's an option. So I can't make them do it. And nobody should really be looked down upon for having an opinion---even if it is misunderstood by some, everyone is allowed to have one. Huge weight off my shoulders when I remembered this lesson. I no longer have to worry about it and stress about it and think about it more often than not. It shouldn't even be a blip on my radar screen. As long as I know that I'm doing everything that I can to really do my personal best- that's all that really matters in the end.

So yes- some lessons have to be constantly relearned while we are here. Hopefully nothing too damaging happens while we are working through them and we can come out unscathed. With a new aspiration to be better and do better.

I guess that might be something really really super fantastic aye? :)


(looking up toward the sky) THANKS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are the nicest most beautiful young lady...just always be true to yourself and you'll never regret your actions. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the best and I love u dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine anyone not liking you! I think you are one of the sweetest people I know! Thank you for the reminder about how we should all treat each other! And I also constantly have to learn and re-learn the same lessons!

    ReplyDelete