Saturday, February 12, 2011

What the??

Online Dating Sites

hahaha! Oh yeah- I've tried....and no...not ever again.

So lately- I've been in need of a some sort of an experiment if you will. Nothing too serious...just wanting to see. Recently - I was hooked up with a Free week from one website- so basically I decided to try it out. Had a lot of mixed feelings.

The Free Week: I maybe only spent a whole 10 minutes filling out a small questionare. And then at the end- I had to compile everything that I am and everything that I'm looking for into a 500 character "essay" And I was set to go. So I start to just kinda dink around the website trying to get a feel for it when all of a sudden I get a chat request. So I open it up and the first thing that is written (my random thoughts in BOLD---I swear I had to really push myself not to type them)
HIM "Hey! You're really cute!" Uhh....?
ME "Thank You." and the conversation continues
HIM "How are you doing today?"
ME "Good thanks. How bout you?" ????????????
HIM "Good. What are you doing right now?"
ME "Just chillin out here on the computer."
HIM "thats cool. You have a really pretty smile." Uhh....?
ME "Thank You."

the conversation continues with more small talk for probably another good 10 minutes. Honestly I'm getting slightly bored with it. Then there's a bit of silence...Oh but wait for it---here's what he said...

HIM "So what do you think of me?" Whoa! Seriously?!?!
ME "Umm...you seem nice. I don't really know that much about you though."
HIM "What do you wanna know about me?"
ME "What kinda stuff do you do for fun....." But he totally interupts me mid sentence and quickly sends
HIM "Are you doing anything tonight? Wanna go out for dinner? I really wanna take you out tonight. U-SO-HOT"

Seriously by this time--I'm starting to get a bit ticked off. Guy can't even stick to a subject. Not to mention he's totally laying it on thick and nothing could possibly bug me more than that. So I say...

ME "I'm not going to go out with you tonight. I don't know you and you don't know me. It wouldn't be appropiate and I absolutely don't feel comfortable doing that."
HIM "Oh come on. I promise to be a perfect gentleman. I totally respect girls. I open the door for you-push in the chair-bring you flowers. I'm totally not one of those creepy guys."

For some reason- I'm not exactly ready to believe him. Not to mention---isn't that something that a creepy guy would say to try and make you believe that he's not a creep? Kinda reminds me of the saying "You said it-not me." He continues

HIM "I'm so attracted to you. You kinda scare me."

Dude- You Scare ME!!! A couple more clicks of the mouse---taken care of.

Whatever happened to getting to know each other first???

2 comments: